The Filters Sidebar
Use the Filters sidebar to:
- Apply and remove filters on a visual or dashboard
- Review and save filters that are applied to a visual or dashboard
- Add, modify, and delete custom metrics
- Add, modify, and delete derived fields.
To access the Filters sidebar:
- To access the visual filter sidebar, select its filter icon () or select Edit Visual from the visual menu () and then select on the sidebar menu.
- To access the dashboard filter sidebar, select its filter icon (). The dashboard-level filter icon is available only when all the visuals are from the same data source.
The Filters sidebar appears showing any filters that have been applied.
When you first access the Filters sidebar, it shows the active (applied) filters, if there are any. Cross-visual filters that have been applied from same-source and cross-source links are listed separately from filters that are applied from the Filters sidebar.
If there aren't any applied filters, the visual filters sidebar shows three tabs: Row, Group, and Saved and the dashboard filters sidebar shows two tabs: Row and Saved.
You can add, review, and save filter sets using the Filters sidebar. See the following sections: