Manage Data Source Configurations
Composer can connect to a wide array of data stores—from modern databases such as Hadoop, Search, Streaming, and NoSQL, to traditional stores like SQL-based stores.
To use the data from a data store in a Composer visual, you must first create connection to it and then create a data source configuration for it. The following topics describe how to maintain your data source configurations.
Composer supports only underscores and dashes in data store field names. No other special characters or white space are supported. If your data store uses special characters other than underscores and dashes in field names, please remove them before attempting to create a data source configuration.
Data source configurations are managed from the Sources page.
- Sources Page
- Search for a Definition in a List
- About Data Source Permissions
- Define a Data Source Configuration
- Edit a Data Source Configuration
- Clear the Cache for a Data Source Configuration
- Enable a Data Source Configuration
- Export a Data Source Configuration
- Import a Data Source Configuration
- Restrict Access to Data Using Row Security
- Restrict Access to Fields Using Column Security
- Delete a Data Source Configuration
For information about how Composer caches data, see How Composer Caches Data. For information on ways you can manipulate the data received from your data store, see Manipulate Data in Composer v6.
For information on configuring the time bar or search bar defaults, including the default refresh rates, for your data source, see Configure Time Bar Defaults and Configure Search Box Defaults.
Please sign in to leave a comment.