SUPERIOR USER EXPERIENCE
Report-Level Data Security
- Maintain control over access to Business Views by defining end-user permissions, delivering a more guided experience when using data to build reports.
- Logi Report 18 allows you to restrict the data sources that end users can apply at runtime, enabling report designers to expose data intended for specific users and groups.
Custom Axis Hints
- With the ability to offer additional report customization options, your application team has more control over visual attributes to create clear, informative reports for end users.
- The new version includes the data marker function that allows users to customize the names of data fields on axis values to deliver more contexts and meaningful information.
Improved Report User Interface (18.1)
- Logi Report has modernized the style and theme of embedded components such as table, chart, crosstab, banded object, and web control, expanding customization to match the look and feel of your application and brand.
Merged Cells in Excel Export(18.1)
- Content authors now have the option to specify whether a cell is a merged cell in the Excel output of a report. This enhancement allows the content author to preserve the report layout in Excel format maintaining a consistent report experience upon export.
Blank Space Trim in CSV(18.1)
- Logi Report 18 further enhances the export experience with new attributes for content authors. Parsing blank spaces means developers can decide to maintain the existing layout or remove blank spaces at the beginning and end of field values in the text output to fit the CSV better.
REDUCED DEVELOPMENT COSTS
Business View Accessibility
- Quickly manage security and permissions with an easy-to-use interface for managing user and group permissions for Business Views.
- New user interface for Business View security enables server administrators to easily specify permissions for each user or group accessing business views and reports.
- With the new Transfer of Ownership feature, report ownership is no longer permanent. You can now easily assign and transfer ownership of a report when there are changes in personnel to avoid recreating reports, saving developer time.
Custom Aggregations for Group Levels
- Advanced options such as custom aggregations let content authors calculate new metrics and KPIs and offer users new insights from aggregated data.
- Users can now check specific values such as maximum or minimum value from different types of group aggregations in their reports.
Web Report in XML Format (18.1)
- To increase developer productivity, the new version allows users to save web reports in XML in both Designer and Web Report Studio, and adjust components such as layout, style, format of Web Reports in text editor by modifying the XML file.
Dynamic Page Setup for Prints
- Flexible, dynamic page setup makes it easy to ensure report formats are configured for different export options, optimizing the reporting and user experience.
- Logi Report 18 lets users dynamically specify whether to include a data column in an export format (PDF, Excel, HTML, etc.), but exclude it from other report formats.
Advanced Accessible PDF (18.1)
- Expanding support for Section 508 standard for government compliance, PDF readers can now read column and row number of reports instead of line by line.
- Content authors can specify field reading order for accessible PDF by editing their display sequence in the Report Inspector. With this new feature, they can freely edit any report fields without having to delete and rearrange the sequence of the fields.
- Logi Report 18.0 Also Includes:
- Engine performance optimizations
- Support MongoDB APE modification
- Enhanced exporting option when selecting Excel
- Support for Query in “Bind with Column” parameters
- Option to show or hide Sub Reports in Page Report Studio