Pivot tables are tables of summarized statistics. They are useful for finding unique values for a field. If needed, you can add custom metrics to your pivot table metrics.
Pivot tables are supported by all Composer data connectors except Cloudera Search. They are supported by Composer Apache Solr connectors for version 5.2 or later.
When you select a table metric, the radial menu appears. See Using the Radial Menu.
When you first create a pivot table, the default settings specified in the data source configuration are used to create the table. You can alter the rows, columns, metrics and metric layouts, and horizontal scroll bar used in a pivot table. In addition, you can sort the data in the table and rearrange the table fields. See the following topics:
- Configuring Default Pivot Table Settings
- Configuring Settings for a Specific Pivot Table
- Modifying Pivot Table Rows
- Modifying Pivot Table Columns and Column Widths
- Modifying Pivot Table Metrics and Metric Layout
- Rearranging Pivot Table Fields
- Sorting Data in a Pivot Table
You can use Keyboard Controls on the Pivot Table sidebar instead of a mouse.