This topic provides details about the enhancements in Composer 8.2.
- Composer Logging To Console
- Log File Name Updates
- Waterfall Visual
- Format Numbers on Visuals
- Pivot Table Sorting Updates
- Null Values in Time Groups
- Visual Gallery Updates
- Visual and Display Name Updates
- Visual Rendering Updates
- Locale-Dependent Date and Time Formatting
- Modified Date Updates
- Import and Export Dashboard Updates
- Visual Interactivity Menu Parameters
Composer v8.2 now supports log destination configuration and allows microservices logs to be written to files,
stdout, or both.
The log file names for the Config server and the Consul have changed:
- Config server log file:
- Consul log file:
A new visual type, waterfall, is now available for use in your Composer environment. See Waterfall .
Composer now supports number formatting for individual Table visuals. You can change the number formatting for a visual without affecting the underlying source number formatting, or revert to the number formatting defined at the source level as needed. See Format Table Data Using the Table Context Menu.
Composer now supports pivot table data sorting by one or more column or row groups.
- Sort Column groups:
- Select a column group to sort the group from ascending to descending.
- Select the column group again to reverse the sort order, or a third time to cancel sorting.
- To sort by multiple groups, select the next Column group to include.
- Sort Row groups:
- Select a row group to sort the group from ascending to descending.
- Select the row group again to reverse the sort order, or a third time to cancel sorting.
- To sort by multiple groups, select the next Row group to include.
- To clear sorting, hover over a Column or Row label, select the more menu () and select one of the following options:
- Reset [name] sorting to clear all sorting options for that row or column.
- Reset other column (or rows) sorting to clear sorting options for all column or row groups except the one you have selected.
- Reset all columns (or rows) sorting to clear all sorting options for all column or row groups.
Save the visual when the data is sorted to your satisfaction.
You can now control the inclusion of NULL values in the time groups in your visuals. By default, NULL values are included. Add a filter to either exclude NULL values from a visual or to display only NULL values in a visual.
The Composer Visual Gallery now supports advanced search and favorites. You can also filter what visuals you see by favorite status, ownership, and shared status. The visuals list now includes a Favorites column and Data Source column. See Use the Visual Gallery.
The Usage column has been removed.
The field Default Title has been removed from the Info sidebar menu of stand alone visuals.
The field Visual Title has been renamed to Display Name for visuals included in a dashboard, and will display as the visual’s name when included in a dashboard.
When you make changes to an underlying custom metric or derived field, associated visuals are re-rendered to reflect the changed source data.
Composer now presents date and time formats appropriate to a user’s locale for both source and visual data, complementing the options available in Configure Date and Time Formatting.
Composer now updates the Modified Date field for sources when objects within a source are updated, including fields, custom metrics, cache settings, and global settings.
When you export a dashboard from Composer, empty arrays for
visualTypes are no longer contained in the payload.
A new parameter,
CREATE_VISUALS, has been added to allow you to control how users interact with options to add new and existing visuals to a dashboard in embedded environments. Use
CREATE_VISUALS to allow users with appropriate privileges to add new visuals, and
ADD_VISUALS to allow users to add only existing visuals.