Composer Version 8 Summary of Changes
This is a summary of the major changes made in version 8 of Composer. It is provided so you can quickly identify new and changed Composer features before upgrading from Composer 7 to Composer 8.
Be sure to back up your metadata store (see Back Up the Metadata Store ) before you upgrade.
The following sections provide you with a summary of enhancements in the previous version 8 releases, all of which are present in the latest rapid release of Composer v8.
- Composer Version 8 Summary of Changes
- v8.4 Enhancements
- v8.3 Enhancements
- v8.2 Enhancements
- v8.1 Enhancements
- v8.0 Enhancements
- Removed Features From Composer v7
- API Updates in Composer v8
The following enhancements were made to Composer v8.3. Select the links for more information.
- Dashboard Interactivity Settings
- Expanded Time and Date Options
- Conditional Formatting Options for Tables
- Configuration Updates
- Raw Data Table Sorting
- Initial Filters for Dashboards
The following enhancements were made to Composer v8.2. Select the links for more information.
- Composer Logging To Console
- Log File Name Updates
- Waterfall Visual
- Format Numbers on Visuals
- Pivot Table Sorting Updates
- Null Values in Time Groups
- Visual Gallery Updates
- Visual and Display Name Updates
- Visual Rendering Updates
- Locale-Dependent Date and Time Formatting
- Modified Date Updates
- Import and Export Dashboard Updates
- Visual Interactivity Menu Parameters
The following enhancements were made to Composer v8.1. Select the links for more information.
- Report Scheduler Updates
- Group Privilege Update
- Visual Gallery Embed Actions
- Visual Gallery Favorites
- Visual Gallery Embedding
- Expanded Inventory Support
- Expanded Date and Time Format Support
- Scheduled Reports API Updates
- Extend API to Support URL Format for Attribute, Number, Time
- Expanded Fields API Endpoints
- API Interpolation Support
- Presto / Trino Support Update
- Microsoft SQL Server Support Updates
- Elasticsearch Support Updates
The following enhancements were made to Composer v8.0. Select the links for more information.
- Composer Custom Chart CLI
- Dashboard Report Updates
- Cumulative Sum Option for Visuals
- Expanded List Settings in Dashboards
- Subtotals for Pivot Tables
- Inventory Visual API Support
- Elasticsearch Support Update
The following features were removed from Logi Composer v7 to make way for improvements in Composer v8.
|Visual Info Sidebar Menu Update||The field Default Title has been removed from the Info sidebar menu of visuals.|
|Visual Gallery Updates||
The Usage column has been removed.
|Scheduled Reports||The Send to me toggle is removed, replaced by a field you can use to add report recipients, prepopulated with the current user’s information.|
|WebSocket Authentication||Authentication of WebSocket connections in embedded mode using trusted access tokens in the WebSocket URL, deprecated in Composer v7.10, is now removed. Authentication is handled by the Embed Manager.|
This table provides a breakdown of all reported updates in Composer v8.
Actions taken using these endpoints trigger a source
||POST||When you create a connection, use the
||PUT, GET, DELETE||
Use the Composer API to remove a field or change a field type for a field in your source if it is not in use by a global filter.
||POST||Favorite a visual Specify an
||DELETE||Remove the favorite indication from the specified
||GET||Returns information about visuals for which the user has