This topic provides details about the enhancements in Composer 7.7.
- KPI Chart Labels
- KPI Color Settings
- Visual Settings Support Updates
- Map Marker Settings
- Map: World Countries
- Custom Charts Variable Support
- Library View Support Update
- Impala Support Update
- MemSQL Support Update
You can now edit labels for KPI Charts using the visual sidebar menu. Select the visual settings icon () on the sidebar menu for the visual.
Change any label fields available, including Metric Label, Comparison Metric Label, or VS Label as needed. Select Apply to apply your changes to the visual.
Select the Color option in the visual sidebar menu to define color inheritance behavior of a KPI Chart, or to optimize colors for visual contrast.
Select the color icon () on the sidebar menu to open color settings for your visual.
- Select Inherit from theme to use the color palette of the environment's theme.
- Or, select Optimize contrast to set the Metric Color as black or white. Black or white is automatically selected based on the visual's background color.
The Auto Color setting is now Optimize contrast. Charts using Auto Color now use Optimize contrast after you upgrade to Composer v7.7.
Several visual pickers for Composer have been redesigned for speed and ease of use. These include Color, Columns, Comparison Metric, Granularity, Group, Histogram, Metric, Rows, Size, Time Bar, Trend, X Axis, and Y Axis. The redesigned pickers utilize React/Redux to reduce reliance on Bootstrap JS and CSS.
You can now use the Settings sidebar in the visual sidebar menu to adjust and save settings for a map visual's Latitude, Longitude, and Lat/Long Limit.
Select the visual settings icon () on the sidebar menu for the map. Adjust the Latitude, Longitude, and set a Lat/Long Limit. Select Apply to apply your changes to the visual.
You can now adjust both Country and Comparison Metric for a Map: World Countries visual using the axis field label picker or the visual sidebar menu.
Volume is now a custom metric, and is labeled Comparison Metric when you upgrade to Composer v7.7.
You can now add custom variables to custom charts, including Boolean, String, and Text. Edit the variables you’ve added using the visual sidebar menu.
- Boolean variables: True and False.
- String variables: Empty strings, alpha and numeric characters, supported symbols, and max value.
- Text variables: Empty text string, alpha and numeric characters, supported symbols, and max value.
URL links to quick filters have been removed from the Dashboard Library to provide a more streamlined interface and embedding experience. Functionality of the quick filter icons remain unchanged.
Composer v7.7 now supports use of multiple countd functions in a single query.
You can now use MemSQL versions 7.1 to 7.6 with Composer v7.7.