Define a New Connector
Connector definitions make a connector server available to authorized users on the Sources page. They make it possible for you to connect to a specific type of data store (such as Impala or Elasticsearch). More than one connector definition can be created for a connector server.
To define a new connector in the Composer environment:
Log into the UI as a supervisor and select Connectors on the supervisor menu ().
In the Connector Servers section of the Manage Connector Services page, verify that a connector server has been registered for the type of connector you want to define. If it has not, register one. See Obtain Additional Connector Servers and Register a New Connector Server.
In the Connectors section of the Manage Connector Services page, select Add Connector The Create New Connector page appears.
On the Create New Connector page, specify the following information in the input boxes.
Input Box Description Connector Specify a unique name for the new connector. A short name is recommended due to the limited space on the Sources page to display the icon and name. Connector Description Optionally, specify a description of the connector. Enable this Connector
Slide this switch on or off to enable or disable the connector on the Sources page.
Connector Server Select the connector server definition that should be used for this connector. Storage Type
This value is automatically set by Composer after you have selected the connector server.
The default image is retrieved from the connector server. If you want to change the image, select Choose File to select a custom icon for the connection type. The requirements for the icon are as follows:
- PNG or SVG format
- Resolution (min/max): 72 x 72 px or 160 x 160 px
- Max file size: 50 Kb
Select Restore Default to restore the image to the default image for the connector server type.
The connector parameter information is generated from the selected connector server.
Configure or customize the connection parameters, as needed. These are the values that appear on the Connections page or Connection tab when a user defines a new connection or a new data source configuration or edits an existing one.
The following fields help you customize the parameters to meet your needs:
- Order: Use the arrows to move the parameters up or down and change the order in which the parameters are listed on the Connections page (connection definition) or Connection tab (data source configuration).
- Required: Select this checkbox to make the parameter required for validating the connection. Clear the checkbox if the parameter is not required.
- Visible: Select this checkbox to show optional parameters on the Connections page or Connection tab. Clear the checkbox to hide the parameter.
- User Attribute: Select this checkbox to use custom attributes for the parameter when you set up connections using this connector. See Use User Attributes for Connection Parameters.
- Parameter: The internal parameter name. No changes can be made.
- Parameter Type: The type of parameter. No changes can be made.
- Label: Specify the label for the parameter. This is the field name that will be used for the parameter on the Connections page or Connection tab.
- Help Text: Provide help text for the parameter. It will be displayed when you select associated with the input box for the parameter on the Connections page or Connection tab.
Select Restore Default to restore the connector parameters to the defaults for the connector server type.
When you have made the required changes, select . The new connector displays in the Connector section of the Manage Connector Services page. If you enabled it, it is also visible on the Sources page where you maintain data source configurations.