Composer provides the account management controls necessary to create user definitions and manage user access of Composer. Authorization for users to use product features and functions is controlled by the groups to which the users are assigned.
User definitions are managed by Composer administrators, users with the Administer Users group privilege, and supervisors. All such users can add and remove user definitions, but only supervisors can assign accounts to users and only administrators (or users with the Administer Groups group privilege) can assign users to groups. There are some other differences. For example, only administrators and users with the Administer Users group privilege can reset a user's password.
User definitions can be manually created or imported via the LDAP security protocol. In addition, if using SAML single sign-on protocol, users and groups may be automatically provisioned in Composer (account level synchronization). For more information, see Supported Authentication Tools.
See the following topics:
- Supplied User Definitions
- List and Review User Definitions
- Add User Definitions
- Add and Remove Supervisors
- Modify User Definitions
- Delete User Definitions
- Specify General User Definition Information
- Enable and Disable User Definitions
- Assign and Remove Users in Composer Accounts
- Specify Custom User Attributes
- Specify User Regional Settings
- Change Passwords
- Change a Supervisor Password
- Import User Definitions