Install the Discovery Module - Windows - Install the Logi Discovery Software
Follow these steps to install the Logi Discovery Software.
As usual, you can click Back at any time before the physical installation begins to go back to the previous screen.
To start the installation, right-click the Logi product
installation file icon and select "Run as administrator" to
launch the installer. When the Welcome Screen appears, click
If you see the dialog box shown above, click No and the installer will close. Uninstall the existing DM version and then re-run the DM v3.1+ installer.
- License Agreement: Select the "I accept the agreement"
radio button after reading the license agreement and click
Next to continue.
- Java Acknowledgement: Next, if you have OpenJDK installed, you'll see the screen shown above.
If you don't, an error message is displayed, along with a link to
download OpenJDK. If you have it installed but haven't set
the related Windows SystemVariables, an error message is
displayed. You must install it before proceeding. If the link in the window does not resolve correctly, you can go here to get OpenJDK12: JDK12 Download from Archive. Click
- Dataview Authoring Credentials: (Not shown for upgrades) Provide the required information for the default Dataview Authoring "admin" user, as shown above. Click Next to continue.
- Installation Directory: Click Next to accept the
default installation location and continue. Optional - click the
Folder icon to specify an alternative installation location if you don't
like the default location.
You may not install directly to the root folder of a drive, i.e. C:\ and if you specify a custom installation directory, the folder names in the path must not contain spaces. For example, this path is not valid: C:\Program Files\Discovery.
In addition, the length of the path must not exceed 260 characters.
- Ready to Install: Click Next.
The physical installation will begin and you'll see a progress indicator
for different tasks.
- Installation is complete: Click Finish to exit