Managing Group Definitions
Group definitions assign rights and privileges to groups of users. Groups are most useful when a number of Composer users need access to the same data sources or require the same access restrictions. Users can be assigned to multiple groups.
SAML and LDAP groups that are automatically created in Composer must be manually assigned group data source access and privileges.
Composer account administrators and users assigned to groups with the Can Administer Groups privilege can maintain group definitions. They can:
- Add, edit, or remove group definitions
- Assign and remove users in a group definition
- Restrict the ability to read, edit, and delete data source configurations by group members
- Restrict the data source configurations available to the group.
- Authorize users in the group to perform specific Composer functions
If your user ID is not assigned the Can Administer Groups privilege or is not an administrator, you cannot assign groups to a user. In addition, only administrators can assign users to the Administrators group.
For more info about managing users, see Managing User Definitions.
See the following topics: