Server Cluster Logi JReport Server v16
A Logi Report Server Cluster is a distributed cluster in which a group of servers work together to provide cluster-wide shared resources, security, schedules, and version services that manage multiple versions of resources. In a Logi Report Server Cluster, all clustered servers play exactly the same role. New servers can be added to the existing cluster or removed from the cluster at any time. Dynamic load balancing ensures that all servers in the cluster are utilized efficiently and Logi Report Server Monitor allows administrators to manage utilization for the entire cluster and add and remove resources as needed. Notifications can be set up to ensure administrators are contacted if any servers encounter problems.
The Logi Report Server Cluster provides the following major benefits:
- Manageability: All users and resources can be controlled from a clustered server, remotely.
- High-Availability: When one server fails to perform, the tasks running on it will be re-allocated to other servers. If a server has already been fully utilized, the tasks sent to it will be allocated to the other servers.
- Scalability: You can add or remove servers dynamically according to your needs.
There can be many clustered servers (nodes) that play the same role in a Logi Report Server Cluster. The following is a diagram of the Logi Report Server Cluster infrastructure:
Every clustered server in this distributed cluster has the same responsibility. You can set each clustered server in a Logi Report Server Cluster by configuring its properties. The following table shows all the tasks each clustered server in the server cluster can complete.
|Run Reports||Submit Scheduled Tasks||Load-Balancing||Fail-over||Load-Balancing Administration||Security Administration||Resource Administration|
The following topics provide more information on what features the Logi Report Server Cluster owns, how to set it up, and how to manage it:
- Logi Report Server Cluster Main Features
- Setting Up and Starting a Logi Report Server Cluster
- Managing a Logi Report Server Cluster
- Clustering Logi Report Server with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c (12.1.3)
- Dispatching RMI Server Pages Requests in Multiple Server Environment
Note: A Logi Report Server Cluster license is required in order to use this feature. If you do not have the license, contact your Logi Analytics account manager to obtain it.